Finding a wedding dress can be a daunting but exciting journey. You know for sure that you want to look like the goddess that you are, but you’re not exactly sure who and where to make that happen. The pressure to get it right on your big day is enough to drive anyone into a frenzy. Relax, if you have the right information and the answers to the right questions, finding the perfect wedding dress will be a lot easier for you. So before you have the right answers, what questions should you be asking in the first place? If you’re not sure, that’s exactly why we’ve put up this post for you. So before you start trying to find the perfect wedding dress, here are a few things you may want to ask.
How to Find the Perfect Wedding Dress
- What’s your personal style? Everyone has a personal style, and putting yours into consideration will go a long way in finding the perfect wedding dress. Your wedding is probably one of the most important days in your life. It is definitely not the time to put yourself in styles you find awkward or styles you don’t think work for your body just because you’re going out of your way to look different. Is your style more skater chic? Then shop around that. If you’re more boho chic or princess style, there a lot of options to choose from too. Bottom line, there’s never a better time to show and feel like yourself than on your big day. So even if you’re going out of way to do something different, always remember who you are.
- How Active will you be? Besides matching your style, your perfect wedding dress needs to match your reception plans. Do you want to dance all night long? Are you wanting to sit down? Depending on what you are wanting to do, you will need to find a dress that allows you to do that. Some style of dresses will make sitting down impossible while others are light weight and flow. You want your wedding day to be fun and comfortable, so consider what you plan on doing when buying your wedding dress.
- What is your budget? There are few things as heartbreaking as finding the dress you think is perfect and realizing it is way out of your budget. Before you go dress shopping, be very clear about your budget. Do your research and find stores or designers that carry dresses within that range. This way, you open yourself to various stylish options that are just as affordable as they are beautiful.
- What is the location of your wedding? Where you plan to do your wedding is a very important factor in deciding what dress you wear. If you’re going to feel as comfortable as possible, a field wedding would require a different dress than a hall wedding. If you’re opting for a destination wedding, what is the weather like? How is the terrain of the location? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you pick out the perfect dress for your wedding.
- What are your options? Now this is a really important question you need to ask yourself. Do all the research you need to do so that you know what your options. Make sure you keep an open mind as well. Check out boutiques, online stores, Pinterest, rental stores, second hand stores,. In fact, anywhere that carries wedding dresses, check them out! You never know, you may find love in a seemingly hopeless place.
- How realistic are you being? While it’s not wrong to be optimistic when wedding shopping, it’s better you work with what you currently have. You may shed or gain a few pounds before your big day, but you’ll most likely not go up two sizes or grow four inches before then. So make sure you’re not setting farfetched standards for yourself. The woman you are right now is beautiful; get a wedding dress for her.
When wedding dress shopping, don’t be afraid to say what you don’t like. In fact, the best way to know what you like is to know for sure what you DON’T like. Your stylist or shopper might think you’re being difficult, but we think that’s a really small price to find the perfect wedding dress. Life is too short for you to walk down the aisle not feeling like you’re living out your perfect wedding day fantasy. So you know what? Don’t do it.